To all those people I’ve met, thank you so much for the conversations, beers, food, and shelter. I’ve now returned home, but as I travelled this page was spread far and wide, with many good people getting in touch by email, through social media, and in the comments below. To preserve those offers of help and to give an insight into how I promoted my journey, I’ve kept this old page as it looked.
For those I’ve yet to meet, there are number of ways you can get involved with this project.
- If you have any kind of inhabitable floor space or a garden that might fit a tent, and are happy to put me up for a night, I would be immensely grateful. I’m happy to cook and clean, and you’ll be thanked well.
- If you have any stories about local myths, legends or histories of the places I’m passing, please do email them to me: email@example.com. I’m largely doing my research through conversations and wandering round towns, and I’m sure there’ll be things I’ll miss.
- If you have any ‘locals only’ tips about great places to see along my route, from little bothies to sleep in to best boozers in Manchester or Bristol, I’d love to hear them.
- If you have any thoughts about my project, positive or negative, please don’t be shy about sending them to me. I’m keen to incorporate and collage every kind of view and outlook I encounter. They’ll have little use stewing in your head, so do share them.
- I’m open to meeting up with people in conversation in towns too, so even if you can’t put me up, send me a message and we can go for a beer. Thanks everyone, and peace to you all.